Blender or Food Processor
1. If you have dry garbanzo beans, soak these overnight in lukewarm water and then boil for 20-25 minutes before processing. If using canned, heat for five minutes in the microwave or boiled. Drain beans and add to blender.
2. Mince 1 clove of garlic or measure 2 tsp powdered garlic per can of beans (or bag if dried). Add to blender.
3. Measure and add 2-3 T olive oil and add to blender.
4. Squeeze lemon or add 1 T lemon juice.
5. Add 3-4 T tahini to blender.
6. Sprinkle a ½ tsp chili powder into blender.
7. Blend until smooth but not runny or liquid-y. Add additional flavors to taste. Serve with drizzled olive oil and sliced cucumbers or other fresh vegetable.
*This can be made in the Caf by cooking everything in the microwave and smashing it with a fork.
**Options: Instead of tahini, you can use peanut butter. Use fresh lemon or bottled juice. Try garlic cloves instead of powder for richer flavor.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Salad
Baby Greens Spring Mix
Salt & Pepper
1. Mix ingredients thoroughly in large bowl with tongs or fork. Leaves should be saturated with oil.
4 Apples – mix it up, unpeeled.
Chopped pecans or walnuts
½ cup brown sugar
Honey or maple syrup
2 cups oats
½ cup flour
1 stick room-temperature butter
1. Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
2. Thinly slice apples or use apple cutter and cut these in half.
3. Line the pan with apples.
4. Sprinkle nuts and raisins over apples.
5. Sprinkle a ¼ cup of brown sugar over apples.
6. Drizzle with honey or syrup.
7. Sprinkle 1 T cinnamon and 1 tsp nutmeg throughout.
8. Mix together oats, flour, brown sugar and add nuts, cinnamon and nutmeg if desired.
9. Mix butter into dry ingredients until oats saturate into clumps. Mix with fingers.
10. Cover apples with dry ingredients.
11. Pre-heat the oven to 400 F. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until apples are soft.
*Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.