Campus / Campus Safety / News / January 19, 2011

Campus Safety Log: Jan. 7-18

JANUARY 7

9 a.m. MEDICAL, Old Main. A student was transported to health services for treatment.

JANUARY 8

10:30 p.m. INFORMATION, Hamblin Hall. A dispute between students was documented. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

JANUARY 10

4 p.m. WELL-BEING CHECK, ASC – 368 S. Prairie. Campus Safety checked on the well-being at the request of a family member.

8:30 p.m. MEDICAL, Drew House. A student was transported to Cottage Emergency Room for treatment. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

9:45 p.m. MEDICAL, Post Hall. A person was injured in a fall. Galesburg Fire Department, Galesburg Hospital Ambulance Services, Galesburg Police Department and Campus Safety responded.

JANUARY 11

1:17 p.m. FIRE ALARM, Seymour Hall. Galesburg Fire Department and Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by a radiator in a student room. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

2:45 p.m. FIRE ALARM – MALFUNCTION, Hamblin Hall. Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by a malfunctioning carbon monoxide detector. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

JANUARY 12

5:37 a.m. WELL-BEING CHECK, 251 S. West. Campus Safety checked on the well being of a student at the request of another student. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

6 p.m. NOISE, Williston Hall. Campus Safety responded to a complaint of loud subjects.

9 p.m. NOISE, Post Hall. Campus Safety responded to a complaint of loud subjects.

10:45 p.m. FIRE ALARM, Phi Gamma Delta – 218 S. Cedar. Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm activated by a room detector. No apparent cause was found for the alarm activation. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

11 p.m. MEDICAL, Elder House. A student was transported to Cottage Emergency Room for treatment. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

JANUARY 13

7:05 a.m. FIRE ALARM – MALFUNCTION, Hamblin Hall. Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by a malfunctioning carbon monoxide detector. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

JANUARY 14

1:26 a.m. FIRE ALARM – MALFUNCTION, Beta Theta Pi. Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by a malfunction in the fire alarm system. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

9:14 p.m. SUSPICIOUS INCIDENT, South, West, Berrien and Academy. A student observed a male walking on the sidewalk carrying a long, narrow object that may have been a long barreled weapon such as a rifle. Search and investigation by Campus Safety and Galesburg Police Department confirmed the male was last observed walking south on Academy Street. Investigation continues.

10:18 p.m. NOISE, 251 S. West. Campus Safety responded to a complaint of loud subjects. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

11:40 p.m. ALCOHOL VIOLATION, Hamblin Hall. Campus Safety responded to a noise complaint and found an unauthorized party with alcohol. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

JANUARY 15

4:30 a.m. FIRE ALARM – MALFUNCTION, Hamblin Hall. Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by a malfunctioning carbon monoxide detector. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

9:30 a.m. FIRE ALARM, Conger. Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm activated by a room detector. No apparent cause was found for the alarm activation.

12:35 p.m. FIRE ALARM, 240 W. Tompkins. Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm activated by a room detector. No apparent cause was found for the alarm activation. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

4:15 p.m. FIRE ALARM, Sigma Chi – 616 S. West. Galesburg Fire Department and Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by smoking in a student room. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

JANAURY 16

1:40 a.m. NOISE, 251 S. West. Campus Safety responded to a complaint of loud music. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

2:30 a.m. FOUND PROPERTY, Post Hall. A digital camera was found outside and taken to the Campus Safety Office.

6 p.m. LOST OR MISPLACED ITEM, ABLE House – 168 W. Tompkins. A woman’s coat containing keys, ID and debit card was lost.

7:05 p.m. FIRE ALARM, International House – 418 S. West. Galesburg Fire Department and Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by burned food.

7:30 p.m. WELL-BEING CHECK, Seymour Hall. Campus Safety checked on a student’s well being at the request of another student. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development.

JANUARY 17

12:15 a.m. INFORMATION, Neal House. A plumber was called in to resolve a plumbing problem.

JANUARY 18

4:34 a.m. FIRE ALARM – MALFUNCTION, Hamblin Hall. Campus Safety responded to an alarm activated by a malfunctioning carbon monoxide detector. A work order was submitted to correct the problem.

Katy Sutcliffe


Bookmark and Share




Previous Post
Prairie Fire swimming teams overwhelm Eureka
Next Post
Senate kicks off new term









More Story
Prairie Fire swimming teams overwhelm Eureka
Despite being surrounded by water, the Knox College men and women’s swim teams were on fire this weekend. In their first...