Arts & Culture / Mosaic / September 25, 2013

Catch calls for submissions

Catch, Knox’s biannual and student-run literary journal, is set to start the year out with an active call for submissions through Catch Out Loud: an open mic event. It will take place this Friday, Sept. 27 at 7:00 pm at The Box, located at the corner of S. Kellogg St. and W. Simmons St.

Celebrating the culmination of their submissions drive, members of the Knox community are welcome to step up to the microphone and perform their pieces.  Those who would prefer to steer clear of the spotlight, on the other hand, are invited to drop off their own submissions and sit back and enjoy the other performances.

Catch will be accepting poems, flash fiction, nonfiction, monologues, fiction excerpts, beat-box, essays, articles, spoken word, comedy and more. Those interested in submitting should send their pieces to Grace Davis.

Additionally, Catch would like to include Knox musicians’ original music to create a Knox Student Mixtape. All files should be sent to catchmag@knox.edu, or musicians can take a submission sheet from the Publication Office door to submit a CD. All genres of music are welcome.

Tags:  Catch comedy essays fiction Grace Davis literature mix tape nonfiction Poetry the box

No new safety measures planned for South Street
Letter to the Editor: It's the end of WVKC as we know it