Arts & Culture / Mosaic / September 30, 2013

Terp to offer a daily dose of dance

DanceThis term, the Terpsichore Dance Collective is offering dance classes every week. All levels of experience are welcome to join in on the lessons, which will take place in the Auxiliary Gym.

The fall term schedule is as follows:

• Hip-Hop Class: Sundays from 1:00-2:00 p.m. (instructed by sophomores Valencia Short and Krystal Pitts)
  • Dance Conditioning*: Mondays from 5:30-7:00 p.m. (instructed by sophomore Hannah Steele)
  • Contemporary Dance: Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 p.m. (instructed by senior Evelyn Langley)
  • Sunrise Dance**: Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30-9:00 a.m. (instructed by senior Evelyn Langley)
  • Hip-Hop Improv: Saturdays from 5:00-6:00 p.m. (instructed by senior Portia Calhoun)

The classes are invited to perform in an informal show at the end of the term at the instructor’s discretion. However, no attendees will be required to participate in the performance.

Questions should be directed to terpexec@gmail.com

*The conditioning class uses movement to promote muscle tone and strength

**The Sunrise class focuses on morning movement, akin to yoga and pilates, to start the day off energized

Tags:  contemporary dance dance conditioning Evelyn Langley Hannah Steele hip hop hip-hop improv Krystal Pitts Portia Calhoun sunrise dance terpsichore dance collective Valencia Short

LaDuke calls for increased sustainabilty
College fails to meet enrollment targets