Arts & Culture / Mosaic / October 14, 2013

More opportunities for student art submissions

LiteratureThough Catch’s submission period has come to a close, submission season is still in full swing for several of Knox’s literary and art publications. Would-be published artists can try their luck with the following:

Cellar Door

Designed to provide an outlet for any member of the Knox community who wishes to see their work in print, Cellar Door welcomes all kinds of art into the selection and workshop process. They will be collecting submissions for this year’s theme, salvage, until Saturday, Oct. 26. Submissions should be sent to cellardoor@knox.edu.

Folio

Published biannually, Knox’s visual arts journal accepts submissions from all Knox community members in the fields of art, photography, graphic design, set and costume design, web design, video and new media creation. All submissions are due by Friday, Oct. 18 at 11:59 p.m. to knoxfolio@gmail.com.

Quiver

Each term, Quiver genre magazine provides the campus with humor and satire, young adult and children’s literature, or speculative fiction. Their deadline has been extended to Friday, Oct. 18 at 11:59 p.m. Submissions should be sent to quiversubmissions@gmail.com.

Zine Club

Zine Club offers students the resources to make their own zines. This term, they are set on compiling the Hard Knox Cafe Cookbook. They are curious what concoction students invent at the cafe and will be accepting recipes by email or in person to a Zine Club member. Submissions are due by 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 28 to sophomores Carmen Ribaudo (cribaudo@knox.edu) or Carolyn Dussault (cadussault@knox.edu).

Tags:  art Catch cellar door folio hard knox cafe Quiver recipes writing Zine Club

Violoncellist brings culture, music to Galesburg
UPDATE: Paluch opens eyes, shows other signs of improvement