Most students will be back next fall. Some will be abroad, graduated, employed or transferred to a new college. Regardless, we all have summer hiatus and a long goodbye from several someones just around the corner. Here are 5 ways to make the most of your last weeks at Knox for forever (or for now).
1. Be studious during class hours so when at midnight your favorite senior says, “Hey, want to go get a milkshake?” you don’t have to say, “Sorry, I’m so behind on this final paper.”
2. Apps apps apps! Our Procrastination Station reviewer, Casey Mendoza, recently wrote about some new apps and programs that allow those with long-distance friendships and relationships to keep in touch easily. There’s also the usual Facebook, email, texting, phone calls and snail mail. Ask your friends with plans to join the Peace Corps or go abroad how to best contact them.
3. Make time for events. You likely have a lot of events of your own going on these days, too, but don’t forget to check out what your peers are up to and support them before end of term.
4. Make peace with anyone you haven’t been getting along with that you still want to be friends with. A lot can change over the summer. The best way to return in a healthy frame of mind is to initiate that before leaving. Initiate those hard conversations before it has to happen over Facebook chat.
5. De-stress because there is only so much you can do in a day and there should always be at least a little time for friends and enjoyment.