Campus / News / September 23, 2014

This week at Knox

Students attending a hip-hop workshop taught by senior Portia Calhoun learn a dance routine in the Auxiliary Gym Saturday, Nov. 1. (Casey Mendoza/TKS)

Students attending a hip-hop workshop taught by Portia Calhoun ’14 learn a dance routine in the Auxiliary Gym Saturday, Nov. 1. (Casey Mendoza/TKS)

Tuesday, September 23

Interim Director of the Vovis Center for Research and Advanced Studies Mariangela Maguire will be hosting a workshop on making meetings more interesting and meaningful. The workshop will give club leaders tips on how to make their meetings more productive. The event will be held at 7 p.m. in the Ferris Lounge.

Wednesday, September 24

As a part of New Student Orientation, a presentation entitled “Diversity & Difficult Dialogues” will be held in Kresge Recital Hall at 7 p.m.

Thursday, September 25

KnoxMoves will be hosting a “Welcome Back Improv Jam” in the Auxiliary Gym from 7-8:30 p.m. KnoxMoves is a workshop series run by the dance program. They will be focusing on Improvisation Theories this term. The event will include a reception. Contact Jen Smith, Jmaw Moses, or Kathleen Ridlon for more information.

Tags:  dance diversity knoxmoves mariangela maguire orientation vovis center

Salmon bake stirs up crowd
Voting opens for Student Senate