Campus / News / Theater / Uncategorized / September 30, 2014

This Week at Knox

Tuesday, Sept. 30:

Knox’s playwright-in-residence Jamil Khoury presents a documentary film Not Quite White: Arabs, Slavs, and the Contours of Contested Whiteness at 7 p.m. in Harbach Theatre. The documentary focuses on American conception of whiteness, and hopes to create a dialogue about race and redefine whiteness. The document will be followed by a presentation and an open discussion led by Khoury. This event is in relation to the Mosque Alert workshops to be held Wednesday and Friday this week at 7:30 p.m. in CFA 209 and the new play of the same name to premiere in winter term.

Thursday Oct. 2:

Caxton Club is hosting poet Richard Siken in the Alumni Room in Old Main at 4 p.m. Siken won the 2004 Yale Series of Younger Poets prize for his piety collection Crush and was also a finalist for the Nation Book Critics Circle Award. His second book, War of Foxes will be punished in 2015.

Saturday Oct. 4:

Union Board is sponsoring group trips to the Six Flags “Fright Fest” in Gurnee, Illinois. Tabling for groups begins in Seymour Gallery on Tuesday.

Tags:  Caxton Club Mosque Alert Richard Siken Union Board

Voting opens for Student Senate
Honor Code revised