Man banned from campus after theft and unauthorized entry

An unauthorized person may have entered or attempted to enter student dorms on Monday, Oct. 13, according to a campus-wide email sent out by Director of Campus Safety John Schlaf. Students contacted Campus Safety after the man attempted to enter their dorm at approximately 1 p.m. and could not confirm that he was authorized to be there.

Campus Safety identified the suspect as a 34-year-old white male from Wisconsin. The email described him as being 5’6″, 165 pounds and wearing a Galesburg Wresting black hooded sweatshirt. Campus Safety officers reportedly found the man on a bicycle owned by a Knox student. He had Knox residential keys in his possession.

All property has returned to its owners and no other items were believed to have been taken. According to Schlaf, the man has been arrested and banned from future entry onto campus.

The email reminded students to secure the exterior and interior doors of their residence halls and to secure valuable items when they are unattended. Anyone with information on the incident is encouraged to contact Campus Safety (309-341-7979, or by email) or utilize the Campus Silent Witness Program, which is available via the Campus Safety Page on the Knox website.

Tags:  banned subject Campus Safety John Schlaf theft unauthorized entry

‘Mosque Alert’: Playwright Jamil Khoury visits Knox
NAACP to host local candidate forum Thursday night