This weekend at Knox

The Knox-Galesburg Symphony performs with Solenn Seguillon (violin) and Anne Suda (cello) in the Orpheum Theatre on Saturday, Oct. 13.  Pieces performed included “Concerto for Violin and Cello in A minor” (Op.102)  by Brahms, “Sparkle” by Bruce Polay and “City of Light” by Hovhaness. (Jason Deschamps/TKS)

The Knox-Galesburg Symphony performs with Solenn Seguillon (violin) and Anne Suda (cello) in the Orpheum Theatre on Saturday, Oct. 13. Pieces performed included “Concerto for Violin and Cello in A minor” (Op.102) by Brahms, “Sparkle” by Bruce Polay and “City of Light” by Hovhaness. (Jason Deschamps/TKS)

Friday, October 17

Knox Influence will be hosting spoken word poet Kelly Zen-Yie Tsai, who will be performing in Kresge Hall at 7:30 p.m. She is an advocate for poetry, feminism, multicultural awareness and social justice. A Student Poetry Slam and Q&A session will follow her performance. Doors open at 7:15 p.m.

Saturday, October 18

The Knox-Galesburg Symphony will  perform Brahms Symphony No. 2 in D Major, Opus 73 and von Weber’s “Silvana” Overture. The concert will feature Taiwanese violinist Huei Chang who will perform Brahms Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 77. The event will be held at the Orpheum Theater at 7:30 p.m. Knox students and faculty can get tickets to this event at half-price with a Knox I.D.

Sunday, October 19

The Newman Club is hosting a visiting priest from the monastic order of the Community of St. John in Princeville, Illinois who will be holding a campus mass for the Knox community. The priest will hear confessions starting at 11:30 a.m. in Old Main 216. Mass will be held at 12:00 p.m. in the Common Room. The event will be followed by a light lunch and discussion with the priest.

Tags:  campus mass huei chang kelly zen-yie tsai knox influence knox-galesburg symphony Newman Club orpheum theater poetry slam spoken word

Crumble (Lay Me Down Justin Timberlake) to open tonight
Maria Hinojosa hopes to give voice to Latinos