Creativity speaker kicks off Fall Institute

The temptation to sleep in on Fall Institute Day, this year on Wednesday, Oct. 22, is hard to resist. However, here are a few reasons to wake up and pay attention:

“Inspiring Creativity”

Dr. Cecilia Conrad, Vice President of the MacArthur Fellows Program known for its “genius grants” awarded to people pursuing inventive, creative endeavors, will present on creativity and its importance, as well as give insight on the MacArthur Fellows Foundation tonight at 7 p.m. in Harbach.

Mandatory Workshops

Don’t get caught confused when you don’t know how to pursue your study abroad or student teaching plans for next year. For education majors intending on student teaching during fall or winter in the 2015-2016 year, the meeting will be held during 3rd period in room 303 in GDH. Later in the day during 5th period, study abroad hopefuls will need to gather in Kresge Hall. An extra bonus for those who want to study abroad but don’t know where is to attend sessions focusing on the area of the world you might want to find yourself living in throughout the day.

Have No Major?

If you are clueless as to where your life is taking you, attending the Majors Fair in Seymour Gallery from 12-1 p.m. might give you a hint. If you’re still uncertain, attend the undecided majors workshop during 5th period in Alumni Room of Old Main.

…Or Don’t Know What to Do with Your Major?

You’re declared! Now what? Find out interesting projects you can do inside and out of your major to advance your education. Biochemistry, computer science and English all have specialized sessions and for those looking to go beyond the regular curriculum, there are programs to support you.

Grad School Lookout

You’re declared, and the end is near. Figuring out what to do post-college is highly stressful. Medical school, art opportunities and the Peace Corps all have sessions to explain the finer details and answer questions. If they don’t peak your interests, attend the general graduate and professional school fair in the Lincoln Room in Seymour Union from 3:30-5:30 p.m.

Tags:  ed majors fall institute grad school MacArthur Fellows Program study abroad

Maria Hinojosa hopes to give voice to Latinos
EquiKnox educates on sustainable leadership