This weekend at Knox

RGBfamily_friends_w2

Friday, October 24

Knox College Union Board is hosting the Norman Ng Magic Experience to kick off Family and Friends Weekend 2014. Ng has been named “America’s Best” by Campus Activities Magazine and his act has been seen by over 500,00 people. The event will be held at Harbach Theatre at 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, October 25

Participate in the second annual Peanut Butter and Jelly Cook-off with a team of family and friends. Cooking materials will be provided for all contestants. Competition categories include overall best sandwich, most creative, best plated and best try. Winners are eligible to receive prizes. The event will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Lincoln Room.

Nova Singers will be performing with Williamsfield High School Choir. Professor and Chair of Music Laura Lane founded the Nova Singers in 1986 and will be directing the concert. The event will be held in Kresge Recital Hall at 7:30 p.m. Attendance is $15 for adults, $10 for senior citizens, and free to students.

Sunday, October 26

Families are welcome to drive to Green Oaks Biological Field Station from sunrise to sunset. No formal tours will be given of the site, but families will be able to visit it at their leisure. Green Oaks encompasses 700 acres of forest, grassland and aquatic habitat. It is the second site in the nation where a tall grass prairie was restored.

Tags:  family and friends weekend Green Oaks green oaks biological field station Harbach kresge Laura Lane Norman Ng norman ng magic experience nova singers peanut butter and jelly cook-off

Dormcore: Lights, Tapestries and Poster Cut-outs
Esteemed writer and humorist visits Knox