This week at Knox

Playwright-In-Residence Jamil Khoury workshops "Mosque Alert" with Professor of Theatre Neil Blackadder and several creative writing and theatre students Friday, Oct. 3. (Williams Shen/TKS)

Playwright-In-Residence Jamil Khoury workshops “Mosque Alert” with Professor of Theatre Neil Blackadder and several creative writing and theatre students Friday, Oct. 3. (Williams Shen/TKS)

Tuesday, October 28

The Office of Campus Life is sponsoring an Across Knox event at 4:30 p.m. in the Ferris Lounge. Senior Dan Bloethe will be giving a presentation entitled “Study Abroad at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea: A New Perspective on my Cultural Heritage.”  Following the presentation there will be coffee and cultural conversation.

Wednesday, October 29

The President’s Council and Human Resources are sponsoring the first installment Knox 101 Brown Bag Lunch series. On Wednesday, Vice President for Advancement Beverly Holmes will be discussing Knox’s current fundraising priorities after the transformation of Alumni Hall. The new plans have been dubbed “Above & Beyond: The Initiatives for Knox” and Holmes will address how these intersect with the new “Knox 2018” strategic plan. The college invites students and other interested parties to bring their lunch to learn about these new initiatives. The event will be held in the Ferris Lounge at 12 p.m.

Thursday, October 30 – Friday, October 31

Playwright in Residence Jamil Khoury is working with Knox College students and faculty to produce a new play called “Mosque Alert.” The play will tell the stories of American families living in Naperville, Ill. as they deal with a proposal for a mosque to be built in their community. Khoury wants to collaborate with writers, actors and interested students in creating this play. He will be holding a presentation called “Meet Mosque Alert” at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 30 in Harbach Theatre. There will also be a workshop that night at 7:30 p.m. in CFA Room 209 and a workshop on Friday, Oct. 31 also at 7:30 p.m. in CFA Room 208.

Tags:  Above and Beyond Across Knox Beverly Holmes dan bloethe Jamil Khoury Knox 101 Brown Bag Lunch series Knox 2018 Mosque Alert south korea study abroad Yonsei University

Esteemed writer and humorist visits Knox
College to engage with student opinions in Brown Bag series