College to engage with student opinions in Brown Bag series

Concept drawings of the Umbeck Science and Mathematics Center were drawn in preparation for renovations costing up to $20 million. (Courtesy of Beverly Holmes)

Alumni Hall will be fully operational come Winter Term, so now the question is raised: what’s next? Teresa Amott hosted an open forum on the topic a few weeks ago, but with only faculty in attendance at the sessions the college wants to find a way to connect with students. With their new Knox 101 Brown Bag series, they are encouraging students to bring in their lunches and have a more informal conversation about what’s going on at Knox.

The first will be hosted on Wednesday, Oct. 29 at 12 p.m. in the Ferris Lounge. Vice President of Advancement Beverly Holmes will lead the discussion on current fundraising priorities and how this connects with the Knox 2018 Strategic Plan. Some of the fundraising objectives will focus on a SMC renovation, the new arts building and the prospect for a Green Oaks Field Station. While many current students will be gone by the time these goals will be reached, students now are the ones who have the voice to share their opinions and concerns about the new projects in their early stages of development.

Tags:  Knox 101 Brown Bag Lunch series new arts center smc renovation

This week at Knox
Palestinian comedy writer shares life as cultural refugee