Campus / News / January 20, 2015

This week at Knox

Thursday, January 22

(Andrei Papancea/TKS)

(Andrei Papancea/TKS)

The Stellyes Center for Global Studies is hosting a Black Male Luncheon on Thursday, Jan. 22 in Room 302 in Alumni Hall. The event will include a buffet-style meal and motivational speaker Dr. Aaron Bruce will give a presentation called “Study Abroad and Other International Opportunities.” Later that day, the Styellyes Center will host a Welcome Back Dinner for students who have recently studies off-campus. Bruce will give another speech titled “Tips for Successful Reentry.” This event will be at 5:30 p.m. in the Lincoln Room.

Friday, January 23

ABLE is bringing social justice advocate and writer Feminista Jones to campus to speak about her social media campaign #YouOkSis, which focuses on fighting street harassment. The event will be at 4:30 p.m. in Kresge Hall. This event is free and open to the public.

Saturday, January 24

Freshman Evelyn Coffin reads her fiction piece "Seven Second Rule" at the Catch release party Friday, May 23. (Michelle Orr/TKS)

Sophomore Evelyn Coffin reads her fiction piece “Seven Second Rule” at the Catch release party last spring on Friday, May 23, 2014. (Michelle Orr/TKS)

Catch will be releasing their newest edition in the Trustees Room of Alumni Hall at 4:30 p.m. The event will allow attendees to pick up a copy of the new book. The event will also include readings from students with work in the book and food and refreshments.

Freshman Julia Mondschean, junior Leland Wright and sophomore Robin Delaquess dance in the Oak Room during the Fall Barn Dance event. The event was organized by dance teacher Gail Hintze and featured music by the Prairie Fireflies string band. (Williams Shen/TKS)

The AnSo club and student-faculty folk band the Knox Prairie Fireflies will also be hosting a Midwinter Barn Dance in the Oak Room on Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Admission is free and dances will be taught by caller and Knox alum Gail Hintze.

Tags:  Aaron Bruce able Alumni Hall anso club barn dance Catch feminista jones Knox Prairie Fireflies kresge Stellyes Center for Global Studies study abroad

Protest follows MLK convocation
A week of football in review