Campus / News / January 27, 2015

Knox senior passed away Saturday

President Teresa Amott announced in a campus-wide email Tuesday that senior Ed Allen died Saturday, Jan. 24 while he was away from Knox’s campus. Allen was a double major in Psychology and Neuroscience. He was also an RA and member of the TKE fraternity.

According to Amott, the Office of Student Development will be providing support to members of the campus as they mourn the loss of Allen. The counseling center will be holding open counseling hours tomorrow.

Below is Amott’s campus bulletin.

Dear members of the Knox community,

It is with very deep sadness that I write to inform you that Knox senior Edward Andrew Allen passed away Saturday, January 24th while he was away from the Knox campus. Ed is survived by his father and mother, Steven and Heather Allen, and his brothers and sisters, Joseph, Emily, Hana and Ezekiel. He will be buried at the Allen family cemetery in Michigan and the family will gather for a celebration of his life over Memorial Day weekend. Ed was a double major in Psychology and Neuroscience and served as an RA at Knox.  He was also a member of TKE fraternity and is remembered as a hard-working employee at the Walmart pharmacy in Galesburg.

The Office of Student Development will be providing counseling support to help the campus community mourn this tragic loss. In addition to dedicated support for those who knew Ed, the Counseling Center will provide open counseling hours tomorrow. Anyone may contact the Counseling Center at extension 7492 during office hours to learn more about the support that is available. After normal business hours, or if it is an emergency, please call 341-7979 to be connected with a counselor or the Dean on duty.

Please join Ray and me in remembering Ed’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers and in caring for one another at this painful time for the Knox family.

Sincerely,

Teresa

Tags:  ed allen edward andrew allen Knox Knox College Teresa Amott

Previewing I-Fair Week
FA Cup provides underdogs a shot