Senators vote on new chair

Student SenateAt their meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 3, the General Assembly of Student Senate cast their votes to elect their new Health & Wellness Chair who will serve until spring elections occur.

Candidates for the position included sophomore Elizabeth Clay, junior Shannon Caveny and junior Elizabeth Tweedy. These candidates were nominated throughout the course of the week after Senate President and senior Hiba Ahmed announced at their meeting the week before that they were seeking nominations.

Both Tweedy and Caveny already served on Senate as class representatives. They each provided ballot statements and gave brief speeches detailing why they were running for Health & Wellness Chair and what their goals would be if they were elected to the position. Clay provided a ballot statement for the General Assembly to read, but was unable to attend the meeting.

Ahmed collected the paper ballots from the members of the General Assembly and said that she would be sending out an email to members of Senate who were absent so they could cast their votes electronically. After all votes are cast, they will be counted and the results will be announced.

Related links:

Tags:  ballots Health and Wellness Health and Wellness Chair hiba ahmed senate exec Student Senate voting

Five things happening on campus this Week Five
News Briefs: Nine-year-old dies in nearby fire