Campus / National / News / October 4, 2016

Documents added to open Title IX cases

The Chronicle of Higher Education released additional documents relating to the active Office for Civil Rights investigations into Knox College’s Title IX procedures.

Currently, there are three open OCR investigations against Knox. The first two were filed in January and June 2014. The most recent was filed April 6, 2016.

Knox was one of nearly 50 colleges that the Chronicle added documents on. Currently four documents about the Knox investigations are available on the Chronicle’s website. Two are from the most recent investigation and two are from the June 2014 investigation.

No documents are currently available for the original investigation.

The various documents notify the complainants and the college that an investigation has been open. The OCR requested specific information from the college in its most recent letter notifying Knox of an open investigation. That information was censored from the public document.

View the most recent documents here:

Notice of Investigation to Knox College – April 2016

Notice of Investigation to Complainant – April 2016

The Knox Student is in the process of filing a request for access to relevant documents with the OCR.

Tags:  chronicle of higher education OCR Office for Civil Rights sexual assault title ix

Gidmark brings fish expertise to Biology Department
Adams reflects lifelong interest in poetry