Campus / Campus Safety / News / October 8, 2016

Possible shots fired near Main and Academy

Shots may have been fired near Main and Academy Streets at approximately 12:15 a.m. on Oct. 8, according to an alert released by Campus Safety this morning via email.

Campus Safety Officer Daniel Robinson sent the email at 12:49 a.m. The Galesburg Police Department alerted Campus Safety or this incident. Robinson advised students that the incident occurred near Casey’s General Store, 223 W. Main St. Students should avoid the area.

Anyone with information on this incident is encouraged to contact Campus Safety.

Editor-in-Chief
Rachel Landman is a senior majoring in creative writing and minoring in journalism and environmental studies. This is her fourth year working for TKS after working as a News Editor her sophomore and junior years. She worked as a volunteer writer as a freshman. Rachel is the recipient of two first place awards from the Illinois College Press Association for investigative reporting and news story. In addition to The Knox Student, her work has been published in the Galesburg Register-Mail and Catch Magazine. She studied abroad in London during Winter and Spring Term of her junior year. Twitter: @rachellandman_

Tags:  alert Campus Safety Casey's General Store Galesburg Police Department Knox College shots

One Mind: Pride
Faces of Knox: Nancy Easley