Sports / The Prairie Fire / November 2, 2016

Player of the Week: Madeline Bruce

Senior Swimmer Madeline Bruce is the TKS Player of the Week.

The Knox Swimming and Diving team participated in their second meet last weekend at Augustana College, with several athletes placing well in their indiviudal and group competitions.

Senior Madeline Bruce was one of the bright spots for the team, as she won first place in the women’s 100 yard butterfly with a time of 1:03.90. This time beat out the second place finisher by nearly two full seconds.

In addition to winning this race, Bruce competed well in the women 200 yard medley race and the women 400 yard freestyle, both of which are four person team relay events.

Racing as the final anchor in the 400 yard freestyle event, Bruce helped her team take second place in the event.

Her teammates for this event were senior Clarice Bernett, sophomore Emma Newman and freshman Melissa Wood.

Wood also was able to take home first place in the women’s 100 yard freestyle with a time of 1:00.36, defeating the second place finisher by just over than half a second.

Bernett placed third in the women’s 500 yard freestyle with a time of 6:07.48.

Senior Laura Lee finished third in the women’s 1000 yard freestyle, scoring a time of 13:01.57.

The Swimming and Diving team’s next meet is this weekend at Illinois College, and it will be the second conference meet of the young season.

Jonathan Schrag, Sports Editor

Tags:  clarice bernett emma newman knox college swimming laura lee madeline bruce melissa wood swimming and diving

Women's Soccer charges into tournament
Knox aims to improve composting, recycling

Jonathan Schrag