Arts & Culture / Mosaic / November 9, 2016

Terp presents: “Out of the Shadows”

terp-3

Members of Terpsichore rehearse for their fall performance. “Out of the Shadows” will be performed in Harbach Theatre Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. (Dan Perez/TKS)

In “Out of the Shadows,” Terpsichore has embraced the darkness they have created. The group’s fall show ventures into a different territory than before. President and Senior Kirsten Carlson is excited to show off what the group has created.

“The topic of the show is kind of darker than it has been before,” said Carlson. “The performances focus on issues like nightmares and conquering inner problems and demons. It’s an interesting show.”

Terpsichore performers embrace during the middle of a performance. (Dan Perez/TKS)

The performances are submitted by students and mold around whatever the central theme ends up being. Because of this, the staff of the organization never know exactly what it will look like. To complement the theme, Carlson explained that they used much more intricate lighting designs and even props. All of this coupled together has made what Carlson refers to as “a show with more intensity than I have seen in the past.”

“Out of the Shadows” will be performed in Harbach Theatre on Nov. 11 and 12. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.

Mitch Prentice, Mosaic Editor

Tags:  Of Out Presents Shadows terp The

Students protest Trump presidency
Student Senate update; Week 9 brings better support to cultural events

Mitch Prentice