Sports / The Prairie Fire / March 1, 2017

Freshman Jarrelyn McCall was named to the MWC All-Conference Second Team.

Freshman Guard/Forward Jarrelyn McCall has been named to the Midwest Conference Women’s All-Conference Second Team.

McCall finished her first season on the Knox Women’s Basketball team averaging 9.8 points per game along with 6.2 rebounds per game and 2.3 assists per game.

Against conference opponents, McCall stepped up her performance, averaging 10.2 points per game and nearly six rebounds.

Her 6.2 rebounds per game placed McCall in the top-10 in the entire conference.

With a free throw percentage of .877, McCall led the entire conference and finished with the second-best percentage in Knox Basketball history.

McCall was a large part of the incredibly young and successful Women’s Basketball team for Knox this season, as the team nearly made the conference tournament for the first time in 20 years. It came down to the second-to-last game for the Knox Prairie Fire, as they fell to Grinnell College in the game that ultimately determined which team advanced to the postseason.

With no graduating seniors, the Knox Women’s Basketball team will look to continue their dominance next season and win their way into the conference tournament. With this honor in hand, McCall hopes to help lead the team in pursuit of their goals.

Jonathan Schrag, Managing Editor
Jonathan Schrag is a sophomore planning to double-major in political science and history. He has been writing since Fall Term of his freshman year and has contributed to both Sports and Discourse.

Tags:  all conference jarrelyn mccall knox women's basketball MWC second team all conference

Review: ‘Richard III’ fails to spark enthusiasm
‘Hug It Out’ moves from Knox to Galesburg