Sports / The Prairie Fire / September 27, 2017

After reaching 1,000 career kills, senior Rose Griffin is this week’s TKS Player of the Week. (Photo courtesy of Knox Faces)

Senior Rose Griffin was named the Midwest Conference Offensive Performer of the week after leading the Knox volleyball team to two more wins this week.

Both wins, over Rockford University and Iowa Wesleyan University, respectively, came in straight sets. These two victories bumped the team’s win streak to six straight games before falling to MacMurray College in four sets on Monday.

In the win over Rockford University, Griffin reached her 990th career kill, moving her into third place all-time in the Knox record books.

Just two days later, Griffin added to her tally, eclipsing 1,000 career kills.

On Monday, the Knox squad faced off against MacMurray College and Robert Morris University-Springfield in a doubleheader.

After falling to MacMurray, Knox routed Robert Morris in straight sets. Between the two matches, Griffin added 31 more kills to her career tally.

On Wednesday, the Knox volleyball team faced off against Illinois College in their first conference game of the year.

Moving into the conference schedule with seven wins out of their last eight games, Knox volleyball hopes their momentum carries them to a strong conference season.

Jonathan Schrag, Managing Editor
Jonathan Schrag is a junior majoring in Political Science and double minoring in Educational Policy and History. He has been writing for TKS since Fall Term of his freshman year and has contributed to News, Sports and Discourse.

Tags:  1000 kills career kills knox athletics knox volleyball Rose Griffin

Thoughts From The Embers: Increase information regarding healthcare services
Knox sports briefs