Campus / Community / News / October 3, 2017

Robbery occurred in townhouse

According to an email sent by Director of Campus Safety Mark Welker a non-student put a student in a choke-hold and then stole an iPad from the student’s townhouse at 251 S. West Street.

A call was placed to Campus Safety by a Knox employee at around 10:14 a.m. on Oct. 3. Campus Safety and GPD responded. The resident knew the non-student and was expecting them. Some time after being let in, the non-student attacked the resident, placing the student in a choke-hold and punching their stomach at some point during the struggle. The non-student then grabbed the iPad and left the townhouse.

The email encouraged students to be careful of who they let into personal spaces and asked anyone with information or similar experiences to contact them at 309-341-7979 or via email at campus-safety@knox.edu, or anonymously at http://www.knox.edu/anonymous-report-form.

This is a developing story. Check back to theknoxstudent.com for updates.

Connor Wood is a senior with a double major in English Literature and Environmental Studies. He started as a volunteer writer and then staff writer his freshman year and was a news editor his sophomore and junior years. He has also worked as a communications intern for the Aldo Leopold Nature Center and as an intern with Unified News Group, both in the Madison, WI suburbs.

Tags:  campus crime Campus Safety crime GPD knox alerts robbery townhouses

Explore the vendors of Galesburg's farmers market
Bike Nice: Thank you for not speeding when riding!