Student Senate Briefing: Senate sets date for dialogue

During its meeting on Thursday, Oct. 19, Student Senate’s ad hoc committee, which was created to address student’s concerns about the KNect event where FBI Special Agent Amy Beuschlein ‘89 gave a virtual talk, announced its official date for a dialogue about the issue.

The dialogue, slated to be held Thursday, Nov. 7 at 4 p.m., will open with Visiting Assistant Professor of Africana Studies Kwame Zulu Shabazz discussing the historical problems of the FBI. Director of the Center for Intercultural Life Tianna Cervantez will be moderating the event.

Senate also approved of two additional funds requests, one for ForeverU, an organization dedicated to mentoring Galesburg middle school and high school students and Engineering Club. The total funds given for the night was $275.17, $127 and $148.17 respectively.

ForeverU will be using their additional funds to purchase supplies for a fundraiser they will be hosting for the organization. Engineering Club needed their additional funds to purchase materials for their 3D printer since they have been hosting a 3D printing class this term and students needed extra materials to finish their projects. The materials purchased should last them through the rest of the year.

Student Senate Dining Services Chair junior Leonard Monterey encouraged Senate and any other students on campus, to email him if they have been experiencing any difficulties with the Caf mislabeling food. An example of this could include vegan or vegetarian food not labeled properly.

The next Student Senate meeting will be held on Thursday, Oct. 26., at 7 p.m. in the Wilson house.

Sierra Henry, Co-News Editor

Tags:  additional funds requests dining services engineering club ForeverU Student Senate

Professor releases trivia game
Campus Safety Log: Mail room theft, bicycle theft