Student Senate Briefing: Senate investigates student complaints

A complaint regarding Dining Services and how they treat their employees was made during the public comment portion of last Thursday’s Student Senate meeting. In response to the complaint, Senate will be conducting confidential interviews with students about Dining Services to collect information to present to the administration.

Students who would like to make a comment about Dining Services are encouraged to reach out to Dining Services Chair Leonard Monterey.

Junior senator Chidinma Oguejiofor, who was placed on probation at the beginning of the term for missing meetings, was removed from General Assembly for violating her probationary period. The election period to fill Oguejiofor’s position as a class of 2019 representative will end Thursday at 3 p.m.

Title XI Coordinator Kim Schrader gave a presentation detailing how students can minimize the potential for sexual violence on campus.

“The only way to protect someone we care about is to create a culture where violence is not accepted,” Schrader said. “To have a culture of respect, we must combat rape culture. We must support everyone who is affected by sexual violence.”

Sierra Henry, Co-News Editor

Tags:  consent probation rape culture sexual assault Student Senate Student Senate Briefing title ix

Faculty Meeting Briefing: Members discuss curriculum model, SLC presents food insecurity survey
WVKC provides voice for creativity