The Prairie Fire / April 11, 2018

Senior pitcher and outfielder Kristen Koviekis has played a big role in the softball team’s four wins so far this season. Originally from Tinley Park, IL, Koviekis has a batting average of .292 thus far. This is a big improvement from her 2017 season batting average of .205. Her best hitting game was against UW-Rivers Falls where she went two for three.

Koviekis’ fielding average is also very high at .938. With stats like this, it’s no wonder that Koviekis has started all 16 games. She has also pitched 20.2 innings total so far this season, making her way toward the 142.1 innings she pitched last season.

Additionally, Koviekis has been up to bat 48 times with 11 of those at-bats resulting in runs and 14 in hits. So far, she has had one home run, unlike last season.

In the recent game versus Monmouth, Koviekis played hard, pitching 7 innings. On top of that, she batted two for five, including her solo home run.

Koviekis has helped the women achieve their best season thus far and the Fire look to improve even further.

Koviekis is a strong senior player for Knox and has made consistent improvements from her past seasons played for the Prairie Fire.

Tags:  kristen koviekis laurel stugart player of the week POTW prairie fire Softball The Knox Student tks

Planning for 'Knox-educated business leaders'
Thoughts from the Embers: Enforcing accountability through senator contracts