Sports / The Prairie Fire / May 3, 2018

Player of the week

Freshman Rebekah Alexandre has been a key runner for the track and field team. Hailing from Miami, Alexandre has traveled far to come show her talent at Knox. Alexandre has set several school records for Knox, including her 200m dash time of 26.8 seconds in a meet against Monmouth College on February 10. This beat her own record of 26.92 seconds from the Midwest Conference Championships at Ripon College.

She also set the fourth place record for Knox College in the 400m dash with her performance at the MWC Championships, running it in 1:10.44.

Alexandre was a huge component in the relays as well. She set both the first and sixth place records for Knox in the 4×200 meter relay with her team of freshman Karah Polk, junior Val Varanese and sophomore Michaela Kowalewski. They set the sixth place record with a time of 1:51.93 at Monmouth College and the first place record with a time of 1:49.36 at the MWC Championships.

Last but not least, Alexandre assisted another relay team in setting the tenth place record for Knox in the sprint medley relay. With a time of 4:34.22 at the MWC Championships, a team of Alexandre, Varanese, Kowalewski and junior Meaghan Dorsey broke the Knox record.

With record-breaking performances like this, we can look forward to the remainder of the Fire’s season and hope for more incredible performances from Alexandre.

Tags:  Emily Mosher karah polk Knox College michaela kowalewski prairie fire rebekah alexandre tks track and field val varanese

Do not take your freedoms for granted; write for TKS
Class explores creating virtual realities