Uncategorized / May 3, 2018

Sports Briefs 5/3

Baseball  — The Prairie Fire competed against Robert Morris-Peoria on May 2. The men were triumphant in a 13-3 victory. This marked head coach Jami Isaacson’s 300th career win. Sophomore Juston Woodard led the Fire with three runs on the day. The Fire will end their season in a four-game conference series versus Illinois College, beginning on May 5.

Men’s tennis — The tennis team competed at the doubles competition in the Midwest Conference Championships on Sunday. The men were awarded the Midwest Conference Sportsmanship award. Junior Jeffrey Xue and senior Ganesh Uppalapu won their first round doubles match against Ripon College 8-5 but then fell to Grinnell College in the quarterfinals with a score of 1-8. This concludes the men’s season.

Men’s golf — The men competed in the Fighting Scot Invitational this past Saturday. In the final round, Knox fell into fourth place as Iowa Wesleyan University overtook them. The Fire shot 308 on the day as junior Duncan Wheeler led the group with a 75. The team will travel to Rockford on May 3-5 to compete at the Midwest Conference Championships to finish the season.

Women’s ultimate — Known as the Alley Cats, Knox’s women’s ultimate team closed out their season in Bourbonnais, IL on April 22. In the semifinals for the entire region, the Alley Cats took down longtime rival Valparaiso by a score of 12-9. Valparaiso had dominated the region for the past nine years. In the final, Knox fell to North Park, who will now play at Nationals. Senior star Lily Sronkoski is the team’s only graduate.

Men’s ultimate  The River Rats finished their season in Brighton, Mich. over the weekend of April 28 and 29. Going 4-2 over the weekend, the Rats found themselves facing Wheaton College, ranked 12th in all of DIII, in the semifinals. Riding the strong presence of their sideline, Knox defeated Wheaton 15-10 before falling to North Park in the finals. Boasting a roster of 25, the Rats will lose four seniors to graduation.

Tags:  alley cats baseball duncan wheeler Ganesh Uppalapu Jami Isaacson jeffrey xue juston woodard lily sronkoski men's golf men's tennis men's ultimate frisbee river rats Ultimate Frisbee women's ultimate frisbee

LLC’s expanding to six suites
Campus Safety Log: Intentional fire alarms and smoking violation