Sports / The Prairie Fire / October 31, 2018

Sophomore Alyx Farris has been a steady contributor this year to the Prairie Fire women’s soccer team. Farris was a key part of the team’s conference-clinching victory against Monmouth on Oct. 23. After scoring the first goal of the game in the 10th minute, she quickly assisted on the game winning goal.

While Farris played in all of the team’s 19 games last season, she has seen more time this year, starting 14 of 17 games played. This year, Farris has two goals and three assists, beating her totals from last year. This makes for a shot on goal percentage of .368. Last season, Farris only had one goal, showing great development in her skills. She also has seven points this year compared to two a season ago. The improvement will surely continue during her time at Knox.

Farris and the women’s soccer team will host the Midwest Conference tournament on Nov. 2 and 3. A third consecutive conference championship and another trip to the NCAA tournament are on the line. The women will face off against Ripon College at home on Nov. 2 at 11 a.m. for the first round of the MWC Tournament. If they win, they will move on to the second round on Saturday.

Tags:  alyx farris kyle yang MWC player of the week prairie fire soccer tks women's soccer

Totty juggles two sports in fall
Kitoko show displays the beauty in all cultures