Mosaic / January 16, 2019

TKS Asks: What did you think about the Student Senate elections?

“I missed voting. I heard that [Sam Cohen] had some good ideas. I wish elections were a bit longer.” — Freshman Jamahra Richardson

“I think that [Sam Cohen] will do a fine job, I think that everyone running was capable. I thought that the bylaws were a little strange.” — Post-Bac Errol Kaylor

“I guess I feel neutrally. It’s weird as a senior because I’m graduating. I think that they were conducted in a fairly timely manner which is important. All the election materials were given out. We were able to read all the mission statements.” – Senior Sam Burgess

“I didn’t hear a lot about the elections until right before the email was sent out. I was [a little] surprised that they were happening. [Sam Cohen] is cool, I’ve met him before. I didn’t vote for him because he was running against Irene [Stephenson].” — Sophomore Pete Petersen

“I was in Student Senate last year and I left the organization because I wanted to work on things that I was more passionate about. I don’t know the whole controversy behind both the president and the secretary resigning. I’m pretty happy for the people who got elected today, especially Sam [Cohen]. I think he could do a good job.” — Sophomore Aqib Ali Hussnain

All photos by Katy Coseglia/TKS

Zarah Khan is a senior majoring in English literature and minoring in political science. She started volunteer writing during Fall term of her sophomore year.

Tags:  election President resignation secretary Student Senate tks asks

Knox resolves music lesson credit issue
Seniors prep for future with research