Sports / The Prairie Fire / February 6, 2019

SeniorKarlie Thornhas been a successful starter for the women’s basketball team. As a senior guard, her contributions on defense are something the Fire couldn’t do without. With 232 points on the season and a field goal percentage of .338, Thorn has contributed consistent scoring and good defense for the team. She has been actively contributing on both sides of the ball. Whether making baskets or playing defense, Thorn has had a big impact for Knox. Thorn has added a lot in her four years, being a starter her freshman year and scoring 224 on a .361 field goal percentage. Sophomore year, Thorn had 234 points and a field goal percentage of .418. Junior year, Thorn was also consistent, with 248 points and a .446 field goal percentage. With 938 points total in her college career and still three games left during the regular season, Thorn is right on track to scoring a career 1,000 points.

As a whole, the women have been very successful with a record of 12-10. The women will look to a conference tournament berth just like last year, and hope to make it further than they did in the past. The women will play Beloit College on Feb. 9 away, at 1 p.m.

Tags:  basketball Fire karlie thorn player of the week POTW prairie fire women basketball

Thoughts from the Embers: Systemic support for Dreamers, LGBTQ+ students
Sports Briefs