Sports / The Prairie Fire / April 10, 2019

Senior hammer thrower, discuser and shot putter Alice Lee has been doing some great things to begin outdoor track season. Coming off of a strong indoor season, Lee has already placed in the top 10 in several meets. Most recently, in their April 6 meet against Millikin University, Lee placed second in the women’s shot put with a throw of 10.82 meters, fourth in the discus with a distance of 30.69 meters and fourth in the women’s hammer with 32.67 meters. In the shot put, Lee holds the sixth place record for Knox with 35 feet and 5.75 inches, set in the 2018 season. Lee also holds the seventh place in the hammer throw with 115 feet and four inches, set in the 2017 outdoor season.

As for indoor records, Lee holds the fifth place spot in the 20 pound weight throw with a 39 feet and 8.75 inch throw. This indoor season, Lee set the individual and performance records in shot put, gaining the first place spot in the Midwest Conference Championship meet at Monmouth College, with a throw of 37 feet and eight inches. This throw got Lee eighth place at the conference meet, and set the first place record for Knox. Lee will look to break more records on April 13, when they travel to Mount Mercy University for their next competition.

Tags:  alice lee Emily Mosher player of the week prairie fire tks track and field

Student art stolen, vandalized
Davis hired as head basketball coach