Sports / The Prairie Fire / April 25, 2019

Sports Briefs

Baseball — The Fire fell in a game to Eureka on April 22. The overall score was 10-4, with the Red Devils prevailing. Junior Juston Woodard had four at bats, one run, three hits and one RBI. Senior Dalton James had five at bats, two hits, one run and one RBI. Freshman Hunter Drish had two runs for the Fire, with five at bats, two hits and one RBI. The men will look to increase their conference record when they play Cornell College on April 27 away at 3:00 pm.

Softball — The Fire competed against Cornell College on April 24. The women fell in both games, the first 8-0 and the second 12-6. Sophomore Mady Ferris had four at bats, two hits, one run and one RBI. Freshman Britney Salinas had four at bats, one hit, one run and one RBI as well. Sophomore Kenzie Funk had four at bats, one hit and one run. The women will travel to Lake Forest on April 26 for another doubleheader and to continue their conference season.

Golf — The Fire golf teams plan on joining the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC) in the 2019-20 season. The reason for this change is that the Midwest Conference, our current conference, doesn’t give an automatic qualification to the NCAA Division III Championships. Knox states that the opportunity to have a quality experience as a student-athlete is important and wants to move the teams to this conference to get that opportunity for the teams. Grinnell College, Lake Forest College, Monmouth College and Illinois College will all be making the same transition in their golf programs.

Tags:  baseball golf juston woodard midwest conference MWC prairie fire Softball

Powerlifting Tips: Pushing heavy weight while powerlifting