Frantz Salomon, Coordinator for Residential, Greek Life, passes away

Frantz Salomon, Coordinator for Residential, Fraternity, and Sorority Life in the Division for Student Development, passed away from “what appears to be natural causes,” according to an email sent by President Teresa Amott to the campus community Monday afternoon.

“I have very few details at this time, but will pass them on as I am able,” she wrote.

Knox County Coroner Mark Thomas said that Salomon was pronounced dead at 11:32 a.m. Monday. According to the incident report, Galesburg Police Department arrived at the scene at 10:45 a.m. on Monday, at Williston Hall, where Salomon lived. Many residential life coordinators at Knox live on-campus.

Campus Safety was already on scene, and told GPD that they had attempted to make contact with Salomon unsuccessfully the night before, as well as Monday morning when he didn’t arrive at work. Salomon was found dead in his apartment.

Salomon has been at Knox since the beginning of this Winter Term.

Staff members and counselors will be available in the HOPE Center until 7 p.m. today. In her email, Amott also urged students who are grieving or struggling to stop by the HOPE Center or Counseling Services.

How to train for certain goals
Emotional support animals should be able to socialize